Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:07:03 +0100
From: Charissa Black
To: ...
Buon giorno!
So this week has been another great week in Siracusa! We are proud owners of a fixed toilet, and a new vegetable peeler.
Because it is getting dark earlier and earlier we have been trying ideas for what to do at nighttime. The most recent would be shopping and talking with people in stores. Today is St. Martino and so everyone is making these zeppole (like little fried scones). Slla Morgan and I are getting along swimmingly, and are enjoying singing, talking with people, and everything. Unfortunately many people are getting sick and it's getting "cold" and so it's hard to meet as much with people. But for me it's still gorgeous outside and I'm happy as a clam. Anz. Kerr from Scotland came and talked to us Friday at Catania. It's very odd to think that I've been over here on the other side of the world for a while now. I don't know what else to write every week to you though. But anyway, here's the next in the series of answering these questions.
• Does God know me?
• Does God answer prayers?
So last week I expressed that I know that God exists, and I also believe that he loves us because we are his children and that therefore he wants to communicate with us. We can always talk to him (prayer) and he can always talk to us through our feelings and that many prophets were inspired to write their experiences with God (hence the Old and New Testament, Book of Mormon, and General Conference addresses twice yearly).
Hopefully you are doing well, that you don't have the flu, and that the weather is okay. Keep your head up, take care of yourself, and more importantly, help someone else so you'll forget about your own problems.
Con tanto affetto,
Sorella Black
Last week's word: il parere [eel pah-reh-ray] the opinion
Italian word of the week: i diavolini
• What does Jesus Christ expect of me?
• How can a belief in Jesus Christ help me?
• Is there life after death?
• What is the purpose of life?
• Why does God allow evil and suffering to occur?
• Does my infant need to be baptized?
• How can I find peace and joy?
• How can my family be happier and more united?
• How can I balance my family and career?
• How can I strengthen my relationship with my spouse?
• How can I avoid the evils that threaten my family?
• How can I avoid sin?
No comments:
Post a Comment