Hi,
This week has been pretty good. Most exciting news of the week: We're leaving a week early!!!! Our new departure date is August 29 instead of September 5. Brat Morris wrote it on the board in Croatian, and then he left to become our investigator, Srdan, so it was a little while before we paid attention to it, and a little while longer until we figured out what it said, but once we found out, we were so excited. I'll probably send some pictures from that day.
I forgot to say last week, but we've had some new roomates for the past couple weeks. They are 3 sisters going to Desmoines, Iowa: Sister Madsen, Sister Brown, and Sister Neville (pronounced like Cruella DeVil, or however you spell it, but with an N) I like them very much. It makes it a little harder to get to bed on time though with 6 sisters in the room. They've had a lot of trials hit them in just the few weeks they've been here with medical and family things, but they're very strong girls, so they're pulling through.
I got a letter from the sister missionaries in Osijek this week. They figure that's where I'll probably start because sister Laws, one of the sisters there, is the one who I'm replacing. So, my trainer will probably be sister Creager. I'm so excited to go to Croatia.
I got a haircut this morning. I got 4ish inches off.
Oh, Charissa: I ran into a Sister Morgan last night, and she says her sister was your companion. It's a small world when you're a mormon missionary.
I played a flute duet in sacrament meeting this week. One of the roomates going to Iowa was a flute major at byu and she brought some duets. Sister Meyers accompanied us. We played "I stand all amazed". It was fun.
Oh, that reminds me: Sister Madsen, the one who plays the flute, had a birthday on Friday. We decorated the room with baloons and streamers for her birthday. It was a lot of fun. The cleaning check people wrote on our cleaning check report thing that it made their day to see our room.
Starjesine Mulder and Armond also had birthdays last week. Sister Meyers got 20 cupcakes from her mom the same morning as elder Armond's birthday, which is the exact number of elders in the 2 foreign language districts. It was great.
This week for TRC I taught with Elder Adams about prayer. We taught Sister Carter and a return missionary who we hadn't taught before. At first I was wishing we could teach someone besides our teacher because we teach her all the time as a progressing investigator, but it was a lot of fun to teach her as herself when she wasn't pretending to be someone else. We started off with reading Enos 1:4-8, and then we discussed how we could improve the quality of our prayers. God not only wants us to speak to Him, but He wants to speak with us. We could probably all do more listening and pondering with our prayers.
Volim vas! Bog voli vas!
I love you!
Sestra Black
No comments:
Post a Comment