Saturday, August 27, 2011

hi!

Ok, I didn't know I'd be able to email today, but I do get to, so hi!
It's been a good week so far. We had in-field orientation, which was sot of boring, but ok. We talked a lot about working with the members of the ward, ward council, ward mission leaders, bishops, etc, and I kept thinking of how nice it would be to have things like that. There are 7 or so branches in Croatia, no wards, and many of the branch presidents are just missionaries.

We had our last TRC on Thursday. It was probably my favorite one. Elder Bishop and I taught Nikola and Melinda, some of our favorite volunteers, about Receiving revelation through the book of mormon. We shared a couple scriptures and then shared about our favorite people in the book of mormon, and then how we can change our lives to be more like those heroes. We also met Brat Morris's girlfriend, which was fun.

I'm going to miss teaching our investigators here, even if they're not really real. It's been fun getting to know Srdan, Marilena, Zoran, and Vladimir, and trying to figure out their needs and concerns, and help them see how the gospel of Jesus Christ can bless their lives. It'll be even better to be teaching real people.

I'm so excited to go to Croatia. It's amazing how much love I already have for the people of Croatia. I'm so excited to serve them.

Ja znam da Isus Krist živi. Znam da Bog voli nas. Znam da je samo kroz žrtva Isusa Krista da možemo živjeti s Bogom ponovno. Ja znam da je Joseph Smith prevodio Mormonovu Knjigu kroz moć Boga, i da Mormonova Knjiga ima punina evanđelja Isusa Krista.

Volim vas!
Sestra Black

(refer to the last email for the travel plans and calling time) love you!


approximate translation, via Google Translate:

I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that God loves us. I know it is only through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ that we can live with God again. I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God, and that the Book of Mormon is the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love you!
Sister Black

No comments: