I hope everyone is having a good week.
Last p-day after emails, we had a picnic by the river with the elders, and it started to rain. It was fun, but Sister Creager was not happy to be wet and cold. oh well. For our activity for FHE we taught some american card games, and they taught us a croatian one. That was fun.
This week, Marijana called the elders and said she would give a talk in church. That was awesome, and really surprising because she`s really shy with things like that. She did very well, as far as I could tell. I couldn`t understand most of what she said because she was nervous and talked super fast. I know she talked about the Atonement, and shared John 3:16-17 and the scripture where Jesus forgives the soldiers who crucified him. We talked about the fall and how the atonement overcomes it in seminary this week. She continues to ask good questions and learn from the scriptures. Her friend, Marina, finally has agreed to let us teach her seminary, so we`ll have 2 students. I hope this means she`s not prejudiced against us anymore and will start coming back to church eventually. She was really mad last transfer when the elders she liked were taken out and sisters were put in Osijek, and she hasn`t come to church since.
I`m excited for general conference. I asked one of the members if we could watch it in their house because the church doesn`t have internet, so we`ll at least get to watch the two morning sessions Saturday and Sunday night. not that we`ll understand much of them, but at least most of the translators are american return missionaries, so they should be easier to understand than croatians. It`ll be a while before we get to watch the other sessions. So, all you people in america should take full advantage of how easy it is to watch conference there, and actually pay attention and watch all the sessions. let me know what people talk about, especially in the evening sessions, because I won`t get to watch those at all for a while.
On wednesday, we went to Danaja`s (one of the members) house, and she wasn`t there for 15 minutes or so, so we talked to her parents, who aren`t members, and usually don`t want anything to do with us, from what sister creager says. Danaja`s father got us some figs from his tree, and used his cane to get the branches down to pick the figs. it was pretty great. they were yummy figs.
Once this week we split this huge pizza with the elders that was probably 3-3.5 ft in diameter. it was practically bigger than the table. it was great.
On Sunday, during sunday school, a member from Bosnia that we didn`t know existed came to church. His name was Jakov, and he was just dropping by on his way home from sweeden or somewhere. so that was interesting.
Oh, we also got the ˝daughters in my kingdom˝ book about relief society. I heard about it in the mtc, but i figured we wouldn`t get them for a long time. I really wish they had them in Croatian. It would be great for the members here.
Fun word etymology: the word for decision is odluka. od means from, and luk means harbor (as well as onion and bow, like a bow and arrow, but that`s irrelevant to this). so odluka means ˝from the harbor˝, so once you make a decision, you`re sailing off from the harbor... yeah, that was a fun connection to make.
Well, have a wonderful week. love you!
Sister Black
No comments:
Post a Comment