Wednesday, November 2, 2011

živjo from Ljubljana!

hey everyone! I'm having a blast and doing a lot of work here in Ljubljana. Sister Powell is awesome. I had roasted chestnuts for the first time the other day, and they were pretty good. you'd think I would've had some in Osijek because they're all over the place, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. It's pretty interesting being here in Slovenia where I know even less of the language than in Croatia, and Sister Powell has been out longer than Sister Creager, so I feel more like a greenie than I did the first week in Croatia. I can understand some, and they can understand me a little, but there's a pretty huge language barrier. It's really interesting to see differences with how they do things here and seeing what I can take from the slovene missionaries and take it back to osijek. It's also way different here because there are about 50 strong members here as opposed to our 5 or so. it'll be even more interesting at church this sunday. it'll be nice to sit back and let other people run things. In zagreb I got to see elder smith from my mtc district, and here in slovenia, I got to see elder Bateman, who was also in my district in the mtc, so that was fun. the elders here in slovenia made a fort in a park with some fallen branches for their p-day. it was pretty cool looking. That night we had družinski večer (FHE), so I got to meet a few members. yesterday for day of the dead (dan mrtvih), we were passing out family proclamations with little candles, and Amy, a member from the philippenes, who is about our age, came with us because she didn't have work. She's about 5 ft, maybe shorter, and very cute. We taught Urša a new-member lesson about the commandments, and we played a memory game with it so it would be more fun. Her name is Urša, and she has cerebral palsy. She's very fun. I like her a lot. Then we taught english with a spiritual thought to Tomaž, who is a member, and Tončka, who is not. We read Alma 32 and talked about faith. I couldn't understand much after the english lesson, but Sister Powell said it went well. Today so far we taught a lesson to Tadeja, who was baptized last week about missionary work. Since her boyfriend from switzerland who has been a member for a while, was there, we taught that one in english, because he doesn't speak slovene. I was able to imput a little more, so that was good. Oh wow, I meant to say more about last week. So, as I said i think, Elder Schouten stayed in Serbia, and Elder Jacobsen stayed in osijek. All of the members and investigators are worried I'll do the same thing and never come back from slovenia, which could happen, but isn't likely. we should find out today or tomorrow what happens for transfers. I'm pretty excited about Ivona. I hope things continue to go so well with her. We had a good lesson finally for the first time with Marina. She's very anxious to get baptized, but doesn't think her dad will let her start coming to church again or let her get baptized until she moves out. He seems ok with it when we talk to him, but Marina says he just wants to be polite to us. We'll see what happens with that. We, or probably sister Creager and sister staheli while I'm gone, will talk to her dad with Marina and try to help him see why marina wants to be baptized. I hope that goes well.

Well, Have a good week everyone! Love you!
čao! adio! (ah-dee'-oh)
Sestra Black (črn here in Slovenia)

No comments: