[ok, the odd subject line is apparently a reference to current missionary slang in which one is "born" in one's first assigned area, "dies" when he is released from the mission, etc. /kjb]
Hey everyone, How's it going in the states? The weather is very nice here now, maybe a little too hot. Marijana tells me it isn't going to get cold again either. I hope you're having a wonderful day today. It's a pretty important day of the year, my 3-months-until-my-birth day. I wish I was in the US to celebrate it. I think Alma 17:13 would be a good scripture for today. So far to celebrate, I've eaten a bowl of chocolate filled, chocolate covered sugar bombs, aka crunchy pillows. they're sweet enough that if i eat them too often, i feel sick. then we did some studies, cleaned the house, and came to internet.
Anyways, On Tuesday we met with Iris again for the first time in a week because of some horrible miscommunication. That's the worst part about not speaking or understanding croatian perfectly still. Things are going pretty well with her. She's been working on quitting smoking and making real progress. the sad thing is that she leaves on the 29th of this month to a city that isn't anywhere near missionaries.
So, Monday night we stayed up forever trying to get sister milius' bags under the weight limit so she could fly to bosnia, and in the morning, we had that lesson with Iris and deregistered her from the city police and insurance, and jumped on a train to Zagreb. On the way there we called people trying to set up more lessons, and one of our potentials said ˝I'd love to meet, but i'm in Zagreb˝ so, when we got to zagreb, we met up with her and she gave us a tour of the city and we talked about where she was gospel-wise, and we set up with her and the elders there for her to have lessons with the elders in zagreb, and invited her to FHE there, and she said she'd go. I hope that's going well. The new missionaries got stuck in france for like 7 hours because there was a problem with their previous flight, so they missed their connecting flight. so they didn't get to zagreb until pretty late. The sisters that came are Sister Moody, Sister Trumbo, and Sister Jolley, who said she's got some second cousins that have something to do with a pharmacy in salt lake... i don't know, it rung a couple bells. anyways, we slept the night at the rowe's house, and the new missionaries had interviews in the morning, and then he told us who would be our new companions. I'll be training Sister Megan Moody, from Mission Viejo California. She's small and cute and blonde and she's really outgoing, which will be good for me. I'm excited to be her trainer.
We had a lot of trouble keeping in contact with Suzana this week. She didn't show up for lessons for two lessons in a row, and her phone wasn't working, so we went to her house. We hadn't been before because she said her fiance didn't like talking about religion and didn't want us to come over. We were a little hesitant to go, but I realized that fear isn't from God, and that I should just do it. so, we went over, and she looked like she was in a lot of pain from her heart, but she was still smiling and happy to see us. We asked her fiance to sit in on the lesson and talk with us for a little bit, but he started talking about how he didn't like talking about religion, and then he went into the other room. so we taught suzana, and towards the end, he came in to get a drink or something, and he did not look happy that we were still there, even though we weren't there for very long. we left and arranged for us to meet at the church the next day. The next day, she came, and told us that she had to go back to the catholic church because her fiance had forbade her from getting baptized, talking to us, and going to church. When i asked why, she said he was mad because we came over. She said she'd still read the book of mormon and pray and hold to the truths we taught her, and pray for him to change, but that she didn't want to cause contention in their home. I think it's partly because he decided he didn't actually want to get married, but to stop her from even coming to our church or meeting with us is dumb. The second she left, I just shut myself in the kitchen and cried for a few minutes. It was really hard for sister moody too. she felt like it was her fault because she helped me have courage to go over to their house when she didn't show up. I tried to help her see that we did what we were supposed to, and it wasn't in any way her fault, but it was still hard for both of us. I feel like Satan's been working really hard to stop us in osijek for the past few weeks. i guess it just means we're going to have some miracles pretty soon.
Sister Moody is doing wonderfully. She's talking to tons of people, and she's not afraid to be bold. I'm going to learn a lot from her.
So, to sum up, this week has been way stressful preparing for a baptism that we weren't sure was going to happen, making sure we had a font and somewhat essential things like that, and just being senior companion for the first time, but it's been good. we've done a lot of hard work and miracles are coming.
love you all!
Sestra Black
No comments:
Post a Comment