Ricotta, Albania, Nigeria, Australia...
10/15/2008 4:26 AM
Buon giorno da Ragusa!
It's the start of another wonderful transfer (6 week period of time) here with Sorella Bernabé. I probably will be here until Christmas with her in this wonderful city. For a quick update on life here: It's officially ricotta and ricotta calda time now,
we have to put on a sweater when its nighttime, and there are chestnuts, snails, and pomegranates in markets now. The other day we were coming back up the mountain from Comiso and the sun was setting, and I was reminded of a verse (Alma 30: 44) that says
yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.I really love being able to see the wonderful world here in Sicilia.
Sunday several women from Nigeria came to church and really appreciated having a place for church worship and were grateful to be able to understand (some of the missionaries who know english translate every week). I realized I often take for granted the chance to be able to worship in a language I understand.
Sofia is still having her daughter in law read the Book of Mormon in Albanian to her, but she is leaving tomorrow for Albania, probably for good. We are trying to connect her to missionaries there, but we haven't been able to talk to her since Saturday. But we hope all goes well for her and her family.
Anziano Gibbons went to Bari Monday and so now Anziano Connell (from Australia) is here. It was really fun at English class because everyone wanted to hear him. There are many wonderful people of all ages that really want to learn. As I talked with a woman who is a early childhood educator here I was reminded of my love for being in schools and how amazing it is to be involved with the raising of a child. I know we are here on earth to learn and help each other learn, and I am constantly reminded of the benefits both the teacher and the student share when they are learning together.
Sorry this email isn't very organized. I hope all of you have as wonderful of a week as I have had or even better. Sii felice!
Arrivederci,
Sorella Black
No comments:
Post a Comment