Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:04:59 +0100
From: Charissa Black
Buon giorno!
So this Sunday was the twice yearly meeting with all the members from Sicily, and we were all together in Catania where we heard some wonderful remarks on unity and love, and how we can improve ourselves.
I took advantage of the fact that I had to go to Ragusa for scambi anyway and took the bus back with them and so I got to see all of these people that I love from a year ago. I really enjoyed seeing my little town, and I was able to see two families that the missionaries there hadn't been able to see for a while. It felt great to see people and to share happiness with everyone.
I've been feeling sorta overwhelmed with all the things that I have to do in these days but I am trying to be always optimistic and inventive as usual. We are very happy because we are getting to know Lorenzo, the son of Paola, and she wants to stop smoking. She is really a different person than when we met her, and it is a joy to get to know her. Ok, well, that's all I got for today.
The series continues:
• What does Jesus Christ expect of me?
• How can a belief in Jesus Christ help me?
• Is there life after death?
• How can I find peace and joy?
As a Christian I believe that Jesus suffered and died for me and everyone of you. God loves us so He sent His Son to feel every sadness and sickness and sin that we feel. Believing that he did this and then overcame death by his ressurection gives me hope that we can let him worry about our problems. We can have peace, joy, and hope for a world that is continually pejorating [getting worse /kjb]. I find happiness knowing that this life isn't it, but that I'll be around to bug you and chatter at you for all of eternity :) And that we can all live forever with our families thanks to the great sacrifice of Christ. That is the textbook answer for what is christianity, but for me it exists, and I have seen how it has blessed my life and the lives of others.
Thank you for your constant patience. Till next time (the last one..... :(
Con tanto affetto,
Sorella Black
Last week's word: ignoto [ee- gn like in lasagna oh-toh] unknown
Italian word of the week: strattonare
• How can my family be happier and more united?
• How can I balance my family and career?
• Does my infant need to be baptized?
• How can I strengthen my relationship with my spouse?
• How can I avoid the evils that threaten my family?
• How can I avoid sin?
No comments:
Post a Comment