Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lydia update #10

So, minor setback, same plan overall.

Lydia's oxygen levels dropped in the night and her feet were getting cold and pale. After a lot of attention overnight, the upshot is that at present she is doing fine (including her feet), with more oxygen and ventilator help and drugs than yesterday but less than the day before. The plan is to resume tube feeding, keep her paralyzed overnight, and again gradually wean the oxygen and ventilatory support.

Many people have called or emailed or otherwise expressed support--even people I didn't know would care. One of my colleagues, a doctor at Children's, stopped to see how Lydia was doing, and I had to tell him I didn't even remember where I knew him from. All this support has been a real comfort. Thank you!

Kevin Black

P.S. A friend was asking us a few weeks ago about how it could make sense for God to answer prayers from friends and family. (He meant, why would two prayers be better than one?) I have thoughts on that, and I believe in prayer, but I'll admit I don't understand it all theologically. Nevertheless, Winona and I are very grateful for the people all over the country who are praying for Lydia. Thank you.
KJB

No comments: